Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First

It has been a long time since I last saw him cry. The last time was when I was young and when his 3rd brother's wife passed away. This time it was different. My family isn't very well to do, at some point of time, he got in and out of work. I used to hate his temper because it often got him retrenched. When I grew up, I start to understand the stress he is going through. Being the head of the house, the whole burden is on him, he got so stressed out that he started to smoke again.

I guess it has been really hard for him, wanting to provide for the family but he just couldn't. Today, as the whole maternal side family struggle with monetary issue, it's time to stress again. Each family is suppose to fork out $500, to other it might not be a lot. But to a family like us, it should mean maybe half a month worth of food. My mother ask if that amount can be paid through installment, but sadly my aunt say there no such stuff. My father also have problem coughing out the money. As stressed out as he is, help came. Ah ma blessing to our family was too I don't know what to say but yea. He strike a lottery. It was our house unit number. The number where ah ma spend her last happy time there. My regret is I didn't ask her to stay over that night. He broke down into tears, touched by how ah ma still bless us even she is no longer with us. I will never forget today where I know how hard he has fought to bring up this family. Don't worry, the family still has me. He is my hero, he is my father.

No comments: