Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Funeral

Sometimes I find post on thought catalog quite relate-able.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/im-at-a-funeral/


The part where the author mentions that her grandmother passed away. That pretty much sums up my emotions than, but apart from that I am really glad that my close friends came down and try to cheer me up, distracted me from the grief.

I like the last part:

I know that life never really prepares you for things like this until they happen, but maybe if I had a little more practice, a little more exposure to it, death and dying and wakes and funerals would not feel as overwhelming to me as they do right now.

I guess, life did taught me a valuable lesson. I would say that I have grown. Grown to be more independent, more of a big brother, more of a son that my parents would be proud of.

No comments: